Auto Insurance Tips
Auto Insurance Tips – Ideas to Save You Time and Money
It’s said that knowledge is power. But knowledge unused is worthless. These auto insurance tips deal with the things you can control which affect your insurance cost and coverage. But to make these auto insurance tips have any value, you need to take action on them.
- Compare Prices. The first of the auto insurance tips is one of the easiest. Most people pay more than they have to for their insurance because they never bother to compare prices. But with the free online quote services available, there’s now no reason not to. Filling out one form makes it simple and easy to get you multiple quotes quickly.
- Know Your Policy. Besides never comparing prices, many people also don’t adequately understand their policy. So they pay for what they don’t need or are missing coverage they do. The remaining auto insurance tips will cover policy information to know.
- Get More Than State Minimum Coverage. If you just get your state’s required minimum coverage for liability and property damage you’ll be seriously underinsured. Most experts recommend at least $100,000 per person of bodily liability and a minimum of $50,000 for property damage. And if you have a net worth of $300,000 or more, getting an umbrella policy for lawsuits could be one of the best auto insurance tips you get.
- Don’t Have a Low Deductible. Paying the minimum deductible for collision and comprehensive will always cost you more money than if you have a $500 or $1000 deductible. And if your car is old, with little value, it makes sense to eliminate the coverage.
- Eliminate Double Coverage. Often the medical coverage that an auto insurance policy covers, just duplicates the protection from health insurance. So the last of these auto insurance tips is to get rid of any coverage your auto insurance policy has that’s already covered by your health or medical plan.